Another remote control/screen sharing solution for those whose .Mac account has run out - see http://tinyurl.com/yrnrhq and my Evernotes for more info.
"Back to My Mac allows a user log into another Mac remotely via internet. This is a great feature BUT it is only available if you are a .Mac subscriber. However, the new iChat supports Screen Sharing, so the only thing to figure out is how to auto-accept a Screen Share invitation and how to do it securely. This quick tutorial will show you how to set up iChat to do just that..."
Part of the setup requires changing an Apple script to enable auto login, which results in an Apple message every time you start iChat :( - however it all flashed into action, even if the Buddy explanation was unclear, and I wasted hours on trying to get the Buddy window to reproduce the tutorial.. it all worked though, which is the most important thing. I have added a couple of the practical comments entries which make some good suggestions which I haven't yet tried.
Why was I looking for more when I already have Vine viewer working like a charm..? A thirst for more knowledge I guess ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment