Sunday, 6 April 2008

Latest on Squeezebox

At first I thought all was solved.. I updated Tiger to the 5th April nightly 7.0.1 and blow me it updated the firmware to 88 and took off :)

So I quickly posted the good news for others, and went to Leopard, updated but quickly got screwed up again with fw being downgraded to 86!

To cut a very long story short, I have ended up with preventing fw update automatically, its 88 again now, and Squeezenetwork works ok on Leopard but Squeezecenter doesn't make the final inch of being recognized by the web interface...

Am currently running the latest XP version 7.0.1, and that too works OK. So I have a couple of choices.

Big question is what is the difference between my TC setup and the other guy's who has 10.5.2 working with a single TC.

In a day or so, I'll have a couple more Apple devices so that I can set up both a 2.4 Ghz and pure 5 Ghz network, plus an Airport Express link to the stereo - so called Airtunes! :)

No comments: