Not sure if I mentioned the work done and time spent in front of the PC, but Gentoo copies have gone and now there is quite a snazzy uptodate OpenSUSE in their place! I ended up with back pain of course..
Then there has been the search for a better backup app than TI 9 (and 11 which is being returned) which only want to backup the Linux drive at very slow, full disk (298GB) only. No way or space!
I came across Paragon Drive Backup 9 Personal, a fairly new release, but I think they forgot to update the Recovery CD options.. their Bart PE plugin solution is not a solution! Its too complicated for the average guy to do, and it doesn't work. I spent days on it :( Their Recovery CD loads OK, BUT the Normal mode reaches a blue Paragon screen with nothing on it.. Failsafe mode works, but the mouse drive is from 1995 and only works for me if I wiggle it during all activities... laughable, but it came in useful when I tried another app ShadowProtect and ended up screwings Windows - finger trouble ;) - and restored a 4th July archive. had bought it by then btw.
Next on the list was the Lifehacker tip, Macrium Reflect Free. I downloaded it and managed to backup XP to the F partition on hdb, check the Bart PE Recovery CD worked - the Linux CD hangs at the firewire drive section - and then thunder stopped play, both for me and for my recording of the Williams sisters battling out at Wimbledon. Happy to say Venus won! I don't like the look of Serena, or perhaps its the name, or both.
Thats it for now.. looks like I'll end up with three Backup apps!
1 comment:
The above problems with the backup apps were due to a Belkin bluetooth usb device!
Post a Comment