Androids have been of great interest since purchasing my first HTC Magic over a year ago now, however, much as I like it, it is a bit on the small size, i.e. difficult to read with my eyes. I'm also fed up that HTC/google haven't released an update for this phone. Even 1.6 would give me access to a new version of Maps and better location use. My other moan concerns the lack of access to 'paid' apps in Norway/Nordic after all this time. What is most frustrating is the total lack of clarity in plans by Google and HTC. So, I refuse to purchase another phone that isn't up to 2.2 at least.
Android tablets interest me too, but again Google seems to be holding back access to their apps. Market is a must for a tablet.. so I'll keep my eyes on things, and see what Android 3.0 has to offer.
Finally, Apple's iPhone 4 is of interest, but it too is on the small size, and the recent 'antennagate' farce keeps me disliking Mr. Jobs, and the fanboy experts who find all sorts of dumb reasons to explain the iPhone's weaknesses (and the iPad's) - Chuck Joiner is the worst..
That's it for now. I'm saving my money until a real leading edge device turns up. In the meantime, piles of books continue to take over my house.
No comments:
Post a Comment