I felt a bit fed up my Samsung Galaxy Nexus was not getting a swift update to Jelly Bean, and had heard only good reports of the ASUS Nexus 7, so on Saturday 25th August at 11 AM I ordered a US model from Multicom..
On Tuesday at 1:30 PM it was delivered to the door by my friendly postman :) That I call service!
I plugged it in to charge, started adding key apps, and was a little surprised to be advised that an update to 4.1.1 was ready, even if the battery level wasn't. I continued adding apps, including Evernote. That was a mistake as I have almost 5000 notes containing a number of images. It took a long time, and I don't think it did the battery much good..
When the battery level allowed, I upgraded to 4.1.1 OK, and continued adding apps. However, although I was happy with the look and feel of the Nexus 7, I was worried how slow the charging was going. Checking battery state with Spare Parts Pro I found it said the device was discharging.. WHAT!?
I tried a few things to narrow things down: swapped the Nexus USB cable with my GS2's. No change on the Nexus, but the GS2 certainly charged OK via the Nexus cable.. then I used the iPad's charger, but still the device said 'discharging', even when it was slowly moving towards 75%.
Ended up plugging it in beside my bed, and it reached 100% by the morning. Will add comments as and when I learn more. By the way, there are a number of other posts about slow Nexus 7 charging on the web.
1 comment:
Found an interesting post on XDA and have ordered 28/24AWG gold plated 60cm microusb cables which might be the optimum where charging is concerned..
Post a Comment