Tuesday this week has been on my calendar for ages. I was down for a pre-op test at the local hospital's eye clinic, and my daughter Susan was able to drive me.
Its been ages since I had a cold, but damn me an irritating cough started on the Monday morning, and kept me awake thoughout the night, so I was all for cancelling the appointment. Susan talked me out of that for which I am very glad, now.
The weather in the Oslo area has been -10C, grey and very dark for ages. Even the local street lights have been turned off, which I assume is to save power, something I have never known before in Norway..
Anyway, the eye tests went well and I was given two operation appointments with a month between them. The first on April 19th, assuming no return of the dreaded cough..
Its Thursday now and I have upped my food intake to somewhere near normal. Porridge with gorgeous honey for breakfast, and a fishy product called Lobnobs with green beans for lunch. Of course my guts 'blew a gasket' after all this, but the end is in sight. (no pun intended :)
No comments:
Post a Comment