Monday, 8 April 2013

The Nexus Reboot Fiasco Continues

My previous post was about Nexus 10 reboots, but I should mention that the Nexus 7 is prone to these  too. My latest experience of this happened when I pulled the recharge cable from my N7.. happily the N7 is far more stable than the N10, though they have been virtually identical from a software point of view. Both were running the Franco until a couple of days ago when I restored them to the #1 backup taken with the Franco Updater, so both are basically 'Stock 4.2.2 + Root'

The following is a post I made in the Phandroid forums:

Nexus 10 Reboot in Safe Mode

I've been following as many threads as possible about Nexus 10 reboots, and an odd thing just occurred.. I came across Safe Mode earlier today, and was surfing around on the N10 (in Safe Mode) looking for SM threads.

I came across a thread on the Nexus7Nexus10 forum at Safe mode and blow me down, when I should scroll down the page my N10 froze and rebooted!

LOL

The only odd thing about the page is some flashing forum indicator which you may see for yourselves.

I am rooted on JB 4.2.2

Mvh
cintra

Really must update my signature to include GS2, SG Nexus, Nexus 7 & 10
__________________
iMacs, GS2, SG Nexus, Nexus 7, Nexus 10, & Win8

It was a laughable coincidence really, as I wasn't aware of Safe Mode until that morning. For those who are equally ignorant, it boots up with just the Google apps present. I had done a search and found  the URL hidden behind 'Safe Mode' in the post above, and as soon as I arrived on the thread and went to scroll down the page, it froze and then rebooted! Unbelievable... :)

From the lack of reboot reports while in Safe Mode I would believe this fact to be of interest to Google, particularly if it occurs again.

No comments: