Yesterday the Passport USB 320GB drive turned up in a scruffy brown paper bundle, and it was the usual struggle to remove it from one of those thick plastic display packages which can seriously damage at best your fingers ;) Eventually I got it out.. it looks great, is unbelievably tiny, totally silent, but not madly fast!
I plugged it in on the iMac, erased the current PC format using Disk utility, and iPartitioned four ca. 75GB partitions, which I labelled clone2 to avoid confusion on the iMac. Next was to try SuperDuper on Madge, this was a bit scary after WD's email saying "The Passport hard drive's will require anywhere between 500 to 1000 milliamp's for proper usage." when the Air manages 500! It worked though, first time through using 'smart copy' was pretty slow at about 5MB/sec (perhaps I should have used erase/copy the first time), but after an hour or so it completed OK :)
From there I took it to the iMac and backed up Leopard, Tiger and Music partitions, finishing the latter at around 9pm...
No comments:
Post a Comment