While Google Reader doesn't support filters yet, there are some tools that might help, of which I liked the following.
Google Reader Filter is a Greasemonkey script which lets you define a list of keywords you're interested in, and a list of uninterested keywords. The script highlights the posts that include your favorite keywords in the title and grays out the posts that contain keywords from the blacklist. You can use regular expressions for defining complex restrictions, like dates or long titles. This goes partway toward the automatic duplicate remover I have been hoping for..
Not sure if I mentioned the other improvement which made GR instantly better for me. It is an extension by Gina Trapani called naturally enough "Better GReader". The key improvement is that it gets rid of all the stuff you are not interested in above the entries, giving more viewing space, AND when you click on a an entry of interest it previews the entry on the Greader page! Fantastic...
No comments:
Post a Comment