Friday, 18 April 2008

Finally got remote control of Tiger from Air

I spent a lot of time trying to get Vine and later Leopard screen sharing working towards Tiger, but no, I couldn't even ping Tiger or reverse..? I looked also for 802.11n activator software, but didn't feel like downgrading Extreme in order to get it from the extreme package, however, I'm pretty sure its working on N because my 'final solution' - using Vine Viewer on Air and Apple Remote Desktop on Tiger - worked both on AE 24 and TC 5G (only) wireless networks!

2 comments:

Gerald Fraser said...

The Ping problem between the machines was due to both being in 'stealth' mode!

Gerald Fraser said...

Only snag is that using both ARD and Vine server o's and )'s are missing from the keyboard and a few others are changed, plus backwards delete doesn't! Just as well I use Leopard mostly but I would need to use iMac if remote controlling on of the girls machines..