Monday, 19 May 2008

ScreenRecycler & JollysfastVNC

The letters VNC caught my eye first, and I nearly dropped it when the web page didn't display properly on Firefox.. however I downloaded it and sure enough it was very fast and FREE, where Vine viewer/server package cost me about $35 some while back. So this allows me to view Madge from iMac another way ;)

This morning I got round to trying ScreenRecycler - first on the PC, but I couldn't get either RealVNC or TightVNC viewers to work with it. So, over to Madge..

There I started JollysfastVNC and up it all came! I could push iTunes for example over to Madge from iMac together with the iMac's mouse cursor, start and stop radio stations. It was all a bit too small until I set the ScreenRecyclerMac display size to the same as Madge's - 1280 x 800 - then it looked more correct.

Is it something worth keeping for $20? I don't think so.. on iMac 'spaces' provides 4 times the effective screen space, and I don't use that at all!

Interesting app though, ref. what you can do with it.

1 comment:

Gerald Fraser said...

I got rid of ScreenRecycler, no use for it when I can use Spaces, but JollysFastVNC is really easy to use from the stua to save frequent back and forth trips to iMac