Friday, 23 May 2008

YES! EyeTV problems solved

It suddenly flashed into my mind that I had an Eyeconnect icon earlier in system preferences, some demo I had tried back in the Squeezebox days IIRC.

So I searched for remnants with EasyFind, removed them, de-installed EyeTV with Zapper, and re-installed from the CD. Even before the 3.0.2 update had completed, I could see Eyeconnect processes in iMac's activity monitor, and was able to access the recorded library via Safari on Madge and the iMac, though that will be of little interest as the picture is around  a third size.

iTunes and Syncopation synchronize recordings from either end, and viewing via iTunes on Madge is perfectly ok :)

Big question now is whether to invest NOK 1K in a Turbo 264 USB device which speeds up exporting and wi-fi preparation. I'll decide in the next week or so what's worth watching and whether its worth recording. Will also have a look at the Apple TV to see whether there's any benefit to be had from a storage &/or conversion point of view.

No comments: