Thursday, 12 May 2011

Google IO week!

Tuesday the 10th May was Android Keynote day. 

Lots of interesting stuff for developers and how they can continue to make Android the platform of the future. Honeycomb 3.1 is due out any day now, and Icecream Sandwich will be out later on in the fall. It should bring tablets and phones together on a common version. There was also an agreed movement to reduce fragmentation caused by the current Mfg and Carrier skinning... lets hope that works out, or that at least there will always be a Nexus version.

Yesterday, Wednesday was the Chrome Keynote day. Both browser (with Angry Birds) and Chrome OS. Chromebooks were announced to be available in US and 6 other countries around the world in June. I might well see if I can get one via Pixmania in late June/July :)

Otherwise, although I am tempted by aspects of both the iPad and Android tablets, particularly the Eee Transformer, I think I'll hold off a bit longer. 

No comments: