Saturday, 28 May 2011

Photography blog or not..

My finally decided upon Panasonic DMC-LX5 camera arrived a few days ago, and besides reading up on the most relevant sections in order to get the tiny beast working, I have been wondering whether to start a new 'open' blog about my experiences with taking up photography again in my 79th year. Haven't decide yet, so in the mean time I'll put my entries here.

I have had a few old snaps taken with unknown cameras up in the woods some years ago, recently added some iPhone 4 snaps, all for family viewing only, and have now started a couple of 'sets', joined a few 'groups' - all this on Flickr.

The LX5 takes remarkably good photos and has a host of advanced features like Auto Bracket, which enable HDR pictures to be 'developed' with the aid of a great piece of software called Photomatix that runs on the iMac in my case.

Setting Auto Bracket to +/-2 EV automatically takes 3 shots with different exposures at the push of a button. These are then merged by Photomatix and tone mapped to produced the results one wishes. In my case a picture of the stue table area taken near the top of the stairs produced a really psychedelic wide angle work of art!

See http://www.flickr.com/photos/cintra2/5767057795/in/set-72157626823316018

I'll leave it here for now, and add new experiences as they occur.

No comments: