Monday, 1 April 2013

Nexus 10 Reboots

Many people on XDA have been experiencing odd problems with the Nexus 10, such as reboots and freezes. I have been suffering with the former only, and faultfinding a problem which occurs randomly 2 or 3 times a day is known to be difficult.

I started 3 days ago by stopping all kinds of syncing, and slowing down monitor events quite a bit. Since then I have seen no reboots :) Of course, as soon as I post this, one is likely to occur, but I was getting them fairly regularly..

Today I felt it was time for the next stage. Which of the sync events was most likely to cause trouble? Well those which happen most frequently are Google+ and GMail, so they could be a good place to start. First though I had to find where on earth auto sync is enabled. This turned out to be hidden in Data usage, click on the 3 dots and there it is :)

So, my first step was to enable auto sync and thats all for now. I have not enabled sync on any of the apps, though I believe Jottacloud has been doing its thing all along. That will do for a few hours before enabling sync on GMail and G+.

1 comment:

Gerald Fraser said...

Looking back through all my journals and mindmaps I find no notes about when the reboots first happened. Damn!*