Thursday, 29 May 2008

Turbo.264 working after all...

I was reading the Turbo FAQ and came across this:

"When the Turbo.264 is being used to export, the progress bar in EyeTV will change to red, and there will be a series of pulsing circles below the export bar."

Well I have the progress bar in red and the pulsing circles, so I guess this means Turbo is working after all, but then why is it an EyeTV process taking almost 80% cpu while the Turbo.264 process sits at 1%?

I pulled the Turbo.264 stick out, and ran the export again.. now the EyeTV process was taking everything two CPUs could give it, around 150%!

So, Turbo.264 IS integrated - my expectations were just too high. However, I am happy having my iMac running at 80% cpu rather than the double, so it stays plugged in..

Thank you Elgato :)

No comments: